Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wherefore art thou, Kyle Walton?

Wherefore art thou,
Kyle Walton?

Kyle Walton.
Yes.
It’ 4:30 am…
It’s that late?!
And it’s time…for “Wherefore art thou,”
Alright.
Featuring everyone else in this room AND KYLE FUCKING WALTON!!!
Yeah.
Chet’s in this room! (Says Chet)
Grandpa!! HERE WE GO. WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
KYLE WALTON is my name.
Kyle Walton, where are you from?
Greenbrook, New Jersey.
YEAH. Alright, where did you go to school?
College or high school?
College!
Fordham University.
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY. And, uh, you just graduated with WHAT DEGREES?
Degrees in Theater and English.
My favorite two subjects! What attracted you to this program Kyle Walton?
I just really like doing Shakespeare and it seemed like a wonderful opportunity and it was one of the places that called me back at NETC! So, you know…
Has it proven true?
Yeah, it has proven true.
It has proven true.
Proven true.
Now, what is your favorite Shakespeare play?
Macbeth.
Why?
Because it is like Shakespeare wrote a horror movie and I love horror movies and I’m really interested in like, the fall of a man from like, a moral ground to the depths of like, evil…in a certain way. How like Godfather or like Breaking Bad is like Macbeth, or the Godfather is like Macbeth in a certain way.
Now, who’s your favorite character in all time…either to play or to read, I don’t care.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is, this sounds like ridiculous, but I do want to play Macbeth.
Yeah, it doesn’t sound ridiculous.
He’s just one of the characters I really wanna play.
Yup.
You know, cause like, I’m fascinated by like, the fall…from where he starts to where he ends.
(An interruption…it’s Mitchell) Excuse me, I’m conducting an interview.
What kind of interview?
“Wherefore art thou,”
“Wherefore art thou?” I won’t interrupt.
Thank you. Can you do a monologue for us…all, in this room?
Geez.
What monologue are you gonna do?
Saint Christmas day is my favorite to do from Henry 5.
Go ahead. Everyone SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Alexis: I’m so excited for this.
Mitchell: I hope you cut out…
Alexis: This is the first I’ve been on the blog at all…me…in the background of this recording…
Oh Mom! You’re the next interview!!
Alexis: I’m not doing this.
Great! I have everyone else I need!! Alright, go ahead. This is taking under 3 minutes…Mitchell’s took 17…
OOOOF, I certainly don’t remember it now…let me try.


If you have a piece of advice that you would like to give to someone else, receive, or anything, what would it be?
I would just say just keep…keep keeping on. As long as you can, just keep going and uh, don’t let anyone discourage you because people will have a bunch of different opinions but just like, keep doing you. That’s how I feel.
I can’t wait to go to Strand with you.
I can’t wait either, my friend. I’m so excited.
New York.
46 cent books on the outside.
On the outside.
Got some good paperbacks there.
It’s, that’s…thank you for this interview.
No problem, Caroline. 


No comments:

Post a Comment